VANCOUVER, B.C. – (April 12th, 2018 @ 9:00 AM PT) Kirke Management Consulting today announced that it has signed on as a partner of STOP. THINK. CONNECT. ™, the global online safety awareness and education campaign. Securing the internet is a responsibility we all share, and STOP. THINK. CONNECT. ™ is simple, actionable advice that everyone can follow to be safer and more secure online.
Ale Brown, Founder and Principal Consultant at Kirke Management Consulting, said “We are excited to partner with STOP. THINK. CONNECT. ™ as a part of our ongoing dedication to foster increased awareness into the importance of safeguarding personal information in a rapidly expanding digital world.”
STOP. THINK. CONNECT. ™ was launched in October 2010, with the aim to encourage everyone to take security precautions, understand the consequences of their online actions and enjoy the benefits of the internet with more peace of mind. Follow these STOP. THINK. CONNECT. ™ tips to better protect yourself, your information and the larger digital community:
- Lock Down Your Login: Fortify your online accounts by enabling the strongest authentication tools available, such as biometrics, security keys or a unique one-time code through an app on your mobile device. Your usernames and passwords are not enough to protect key accounts like email, banking and social media.
- Keep a Clean Machine: Keep all software on internet-connected devices – including PCs, smartphones and tablets – up to date to reduce risk of infection from malware.
- Personal Information is Like Money. Value It. Protect It.: Information about you, such as purchase history or location, has value – just like money. Be thoughtful about who gets that information and how it’s collected by apps and websites.
- When in Doubt, Throw it Out: Cybercriminals often use links to try to steal your personal information. Even if you know the source, if something looks suspicious, delete it.
- Share With Care: Think before posting about yourself and others online. Consider what a post reveals, who might see it and how it could be perceived now and in the future.
- Own Your Online Presence: Set the privacy and security settings on websites to your comfort level for information sharing. It’s OK to limit how and with whom you share information.
“Every person and organization has a role to play in promoting a safer, more secure and more trusted internet,” said Michael Kaiser, NCSA’s executive director. “We are grateful to our hundreds of STOP. THINK. CONNECT. ™ partners for their commitment to educating the public and helping build a culture of cybersecurity, online safety and privacy awareness at home, at work and in their communities.”
All consumers have rights to online privacy and increasing this awareness of personal rights will ultimately help the internet become a better, safer place.
About STOP. THINK. CONNECT.
STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ is the global cybersecurity education and awareness campaign. The campaign was created by an unprecedented coalition of private companies, nonprofits and government organizations with leadership provided by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG). The U.S. Department of Homeland Security leads the federal engagement in the campaign. Learn how to get involved at stopthinkconnect.org.
About Kirke Management Consulting
Kirke is a full-service strategy consulting firm that focuses on privacy and the compliant management of personal information. Kirke enables business growth and minimizes risk by providing a customized service to help organizations gain relevant data insights and build stronger relationships with customers, within a privacy management framework. Kirke (pronounced “Kur-keeh”), the Greek goddess of transformation, used her powers and knowledge to transform anything that posed a threat into something harmless. At Kirke Management Consulting we strive to empower our customers to make that transformation happen and revolutionize their businesses. For more information, visit www.kirke-consulting.com.